Detectable metal cable ties are characterised by their composition of a metal fragment inside them. This metal does not impede the correct use of the conventional cable tie and the reason why we find this material inside it is so that it can be detected by a metal detector.
Which industries need it?
Due to its usefulness, more and more sectors are using this solution. Among them we can find the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, medical, biotechnology and also those related to food, such as food processing, meat, dairy and beverage industries.
What do we want to detect a metal flange for?
These metal cable ties are mostly used in wiring and machinery installations in product production areas. In these production lines, both pharmaceuticals and food products are in an environment where there is a certain sensitivity to contamination.
Therefore, for safety and precautionary reasons, it is necessary to detect any contamination to which the product may have been subjected and to eliminate it. In this way we avoid defective batches and future inconveniences.
They are tested and certified according to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
What other features and functions do they have?
- Its blue color allows a better visibility to be identified and subsequently removed.
- It is used as a measure to reduce or eliminate the risk of contamination entering the treated products during the manufacturing process.
- It can be used in environments with liquids with high humidity without much damage to its structure and functions.
- These cable ties are for single use only and need to be checked periodically to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- The multiple metal fragments spread throughout the body of the cable tie allow it to be easily detected with a metal detector.